Home Forums RORB – general use Fatal Error _ Apply direct and indirect impervious fractions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi everyone,

I have a RORB model which works fine when I run it with NO indirect impervious fractions turned on.
    But as soon as I turn on this option and define the indirect impervious area it is crashing with a fatal error before IL,CL and Kc value windows pop up.

it gives me following warning
    “You will nee to fix up the catchment (vector) file before proceeding”

Here is the error in RORBWIN.tmp:

Sub-area areas
    Impervious flag
    Fractions impervious
    Data error: possibly character data where numerical value expected,
    or illegal number

Do you know what can be the reason?

Benson Liu

Hi,

This question was answered privately but I will post here for other people to see. The error that was occurring is because the command line version of RORB is unable to handle the indirect and direct impervious fraction functionality. This feature is only available in standard RORB.

Kind regards,

Benson

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the answer, But I am using the standard version of RORB (v.6.45) not the command line version and still getting the same error.

Regards,
    Ali

Benson Liu

Hi Ali,

Would you be able to send me the catchment, parameter and all the rainfall input files that results in this error. My email is benson.liu@dev7.preflight.com.au. I will need to take a look at the files to work out what is happening.

Kind regards,

Benson

bjorn.bryant
    Participant

Hi all,

I have posted this question under a different thread, but believe this is one is more relevant.

Similarly, to Ali; I am having trouble running a RORB model when turning on the EIA/ICA function. It works perfectly fine, when running with TIA values only.

It is an existing RORB model that, I believe was built with script (command line?). I have exported as .catg file though and am running it in v 6.40.

I receive the following warning:
    “You will nee to fix up the catchment (vector) file before proceeding”

Here is the error in RORBWIN.tmp:

Sub-area areas
    Impervious flag
    Fractions impervious
    Data error: possibly character data where numerical value expected,
    or illegal number

Would be grateful to hear how to navigate through this problem.

Thanks.
    Bjorn

Benson Liu

Hi Bjorn,

It is a little difficult to troubleshoot without the catchment, but could you try running it in version 6.45? This shouldn’t make a difference as from memory no updates were made to this particular part of RORB but it is always better to use the latest version of RORB.

Assuming that it still doesn’t work, would you be able to email it to me? My email is benson.liu@dev7.preflight.com.au. It looks like the .catg file didn’t upload correctly on your other post as the file is too big.

Kind regards,

Benson

scottdcook
    Participant

you need to edit your file in web server.

roloko3965
    Participant
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.