Home Forums RORB – general use RORB – secondary outlets?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Brown
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to confirm that there is no way in RORB to model secondary outlets? I have one retarding basin that under certain conditions floods to the point that it overflows into an adjacent retarding basin as opposed to discharging directly downstream. Currently my approach is to model both separately in RORB and then inputting the representative inflow hydrographs into a different program to simulate this behavior.

As a side note, I was looking into the other software packages that can do what RORB does but have additional bells and whistles. What does everyone recommend/like to use?

kind regards,

Andrew

Benson Liu

Hi Andrew,

Secondary outlets cannot be explicitly modelled in RORB. If both retarding basins are in the same RORB model, what you can do instead is to have an outflow immediately downstream of the retarding basin that overflows and then insert an inflow upstream of the adjacent basin. If both inflow and outflow have the same identifier and the inflow is specified as “Previously Identified Location”, then RORB will take flow from the outflow (according to a relationship you specify) and transfer it to the corresponding inflow location.

Kind regards,

Benson

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.