We’re pleased to announce that we will be holding a two day workshop on Design Flood Estimating Using RORB at Engineers Australia in Melbourne on December 12 and 13.
Day 1 of the workshop is focused on the basics of rainfall runoff and RORB modelling, including:
• Catchment file development
• Storm file development
• Model calibration
• Model verification to gauged or regional flow frequency estimates
Day 2 is intended for experienced users (or those who attended Day 1) and includes:
• More complex applications of RORB
• The design flood estimation process
• ARR2016 and BoM IFD data sets
• Monte Carlo and ensemble modelling
• Extreme floods
A flyer providing more information is available here: RORB training flyer
Following the course that was held back in December, do you know if there is any other course scheduled in Melbourne in the next couple of months?
Hi Dave – we don’t currently have any plans to run this session in the short term. Having said that, there appears to be some demand for this training so we may consider running it again towards the end of this year. If we do so, it will be advertised on this forum, so stay tuned.