Home Forums RORB – general use Storm File – Order of Sub Area rainfall

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    luke.e
    Participant

Hi there,

I am developing a storm file, which I am using to undertake a calibration run, relative to a downstream gauge. I am specifying Sub Area Rainfalls for each sub area in my model. As the storm file just requires total rainfalls, how do we know what sub-area these rainfalls are being applied to?

I note that within the view tab of the GE viewer there is a calculation order link – Is this the order that the sub-area rainfall totals are to be entered into the storm file? Does it start from the upstream or downstream node?

Thanks

Benson Liu

Hi Luke,

The order in which you enter the subarea rainfall in the storm file is the calculation order which you can get using the RORB GE.

The easiest way to get the calculation order in terms of subareas is to go to “Data Tables” window under the View tab. When the Data Tables window pops up, you should see two data tables, one for the reaches and one for the subareas. On the bottom right corner you will also see options for list order. Select “Same as RORB calc” and this will reorder the tables in terms of calculation order. This will be the order in which you specify the rainfall depths in your storm file.

The calculation order link you mentioned only shows the control codes in calculation order, so this does not give you enough information for the storm file rainfall depths.

Kind regards,

Benson

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.