The role is an ongoing, full-time position, beginning in February 2020.
- To assist Project Managers and Project Directors on a range of complex hydrology, flood modelling and water resource projects
- Typical activities will involve collation and analysis of time series and spatial data, model development and calibration, and scenario modelling. Report writing is also a key activity.
- Reports to: Team Leader
- Works with: Project Managers, Project Directors, other project team members
- Roles reporting to this one: none
Key Selection Criteria
The successful applicant will:
Have appropriate tertiary qualifications in civil or environmental engineering
Knowledge / Skills
- Understand the key principles of hydrology, water resources and flood modelling, and have the ability to apply these in standard and novel ways to solve engineering problems
- Use spreadsheets, GIS software and/or computer programming to analyse large data sets
- Competently use a range of relevant hydrology and hydraulic models such as RORB, URBS, MIKE, TUFLOW, HEC-RAS, REALM and Source
- Write concise reports and presentations summarising the purpose, method and important outcomes of a project
- Communicate regularly and effectively with other project team members
- Manage their own time when provided with task timelines and budgets
- Demonstrate a passion for working in hydrology, water resources and flood modelling
- Work well in teams
- Develop their own knowledge and skills through formal and on the job training
- Promote a ‘safety first’ approach to office-based and out of office work
- Be willing to participate in water industry seminars, conferences and professional associations
Prior experience is not mandatory; however relevant work experience will be considered favourably.
Other relevant information
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa
The role is based in HARC’s Blackburn office, in the eastern suburbs of Melbourne. However, if the successful candidate would prefer to work in HARC’s Parramatta office, in the western suburbs of Sydney, this will considered.
Applications for this position close on Friday, May 3, 2019
Terms and conditions
Conditions of employment will be governed by the standard HARC employment contract
The collection and handling of applications and personal information will be consistent with the requirements of the Information Privacy Act 2000
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org